LKB Consulting Engineers Fax: 516.931.6344 LKB is an equal opportunity employer. The foundation of our personnel policy is that all qualified persons regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, or any other legally protected status, are entitled to equal employment opportunities. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training and development, termination, promotions, or any other condition of employment.
One Aerial Way
Syosset, NY 11791-5592
ATT: Human Resources
LKB Consulting Engineers
LKB is an equal opportunity employer. The foundation of our personnel policy is that all qualified persons regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, or any other legally protected status, are entitled to equal employment opportunities. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training and development, termination, promotions, or any other condition of employment.
Design projects could include:
- Design and Development of Electric Substation and Distribution Systems.
- Conceptual and detailed design of High, Medium and Low Voltage switchyards.
- Protective relay system design.
- Development of Medium, High and Extra High Voltage cable systems (aerial and underground) and cable related facilities.
- Design of Rigid Bus and Grounding systems.
- Coordinate, prepare, and review equipment and construction specifications.
- Coordinate and/or prepare drawings and reports for submission to clients.
- Interface design to Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems.
- Inspection and evaluation of existing electrical systems.
- Interior and exterior raceway design.
Qualifications: Candidate must have good interpersonal skills for working in a team environment and possess the following:
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 5+ years design experience in Transmission & Distribution systems.
- Knowledge of specifications for transformers, power circuit breakers, disconnect switches, protective relays and substation installation and construction.
- Ability to develop system-level designs and detailed work packets for designers.
- Ability to develop single line, schematic and wiring diagrams.
- Demonstrated communication skill.
Entry Level Position, FE Preferred
Entry level position requiring a BS in Civil or Environmental Engineering, FE preferred. Some experience and familiarity with AutoCAD is desirable. Must have solid communication skills (verbal and written) and be capable of handling multiple priorities. Primary work assignments will be in solid waste management projects, including landfill expansion, capping and closure projects, groundwater and gas sampling, technical report writing, permitting, and preparation of funding applications. Additional work assignments may include the design of sewage pump stations, sewer systems and storm water treatment systems, and the preparation of Army Corp §404 and NPDES permits.
Civil or Environmental Engineer Position, PE Required
BS in Civil or Environmental Engineering with 5-10 years experience. PE required. Primary design and client contact experience required in landfill expansion, capping and closure projects, municipal solid waste transfer station design and permitting, storm water treatment facilities, underground storage tank (UST) design and remediation, and preparing Army Corp 404 and NPDES permits as well as Environmental Impact Statements (EIS). Should be familiar with current and proposed regulatory requirements in these areas. The following are also considered a plus: experience in design of pump stations, wastewater treatment facilities, familiarity with Title V air permitting and storm water regulations and specifying instrumentation and preparation of Instrumentation and Control (I&C) drawings. Must have solid communication skills (verbal and written) and be capable of handling multiple priorities. Project Management skills desired.
LKB, a Syosset-based consulting engineering firm, is seeking a full-time IT professional to provide advanced level day-to-day support of Windows server infrastructure. Candidate must be a Microsoft Systems Certified Engineer experienced with Windows 2003, 2008, Exchange 2007, Windows XP and Windows 7.
Training and Experience:
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server
- Knowledge of Active Directory, including design and administration
- Knowledge of DNS and DHCP to support DNS infrastructure
- Knowledge in PowerShell or other scripting language to automate system tasks
- Development and implementation of system monitoring and performance
- Well-versed in Dell server and blade technologies
- Knowledge of backup process to support the infrastructure
- Good communication skills and ability to work effectively as a team member within a fast paced environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel within the organization
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong customer service focus and experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
- 5+ years of experience in Microsoft Windows 2008 Active Directory and server administration, in a large user environment
- Application installation experience
- Periodic onsite weekend maintenance activities, and on call schedule
Please submit your resume, with a cover letter stating your salary requirements to email@example.com.
- Manage survey department including office and field personnel, project deadlines, priorities and quality of work.
- Must be able to manage projects from preliminary research to final stamped surveys.
- Must be able to complete ALTA surveys.
- Must be able to hire and train personnel to handle duties such as deed research, field work, and CAD drafting.
- Must be familiar with NYC metro area clientele.
- LS in New York State required.
- Project Management Experience required.
- Strong organization skills are required.
- Bachelor Degree preferred.
- Experience in Civil 3D, Robotics and GPS RT desired.
- Deed research experience desired.
Lockwood, Kessler & Bartlett, Inc., is a full-service consulting engineering firm, headquartered in Syosset, NY with satellite offices in Pleasantville, NY and Waterbury, CT. LKB serves municipalities, government agencies and private clients in the tri-state area as a one-stop source for their engineering and professional services’ needs. We are seeking an experienced marketing professional for our Syosset, Long Island office. This position will report to the Director of Marketing Operations, and will work closely with technical staff to coordinate quality proposals, presentations and other marketing collateral.
The receptionist is responsible for providing secretarial, clerical and administrative support across the organization. You will handle the flow of people through the business and ensure that all receptionist responsibilities are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner.